Section 179


Section 179 of the IRS tax code was designed with businesses in mind. Section 179 of the IRS tax code lets businesses deduct the full purchase price of qualifying equipment and software purchased or financed during the fiscal year up to $500,000.* This means if you buy or lease an eligible piece of equipment, you can deduct the entire purchase from your gross income. The Section 179 incentive was created by the United States government to encourage small businesses to buy equipment and invest in their brand. Almost all types of business equipment that your company may need to buy could qualify for this incentive.


For passenger vehicles, trucks, and vans, that are used more than 50% in a qualified business use, the total deduction for depreciation including both the Section 179 expense deduction as well as Bonus Depreciation are limited to $11,060 for cars and $11,160 for trucks and vans. Certain vehicles qualify for expensing up to $25,000 if the vehicle is financed and placed in service before December 31 and meet other conditions. Section 179 for 2017 expires at midnight on 12/31/2017. If you want to deduct the full price of your equipment from this year's taxes and take advantage of the new higher deduction limits, it must be purchased and put into service by then.


From the vast array of Transits and Ford Chassis Cab models of the F-Series at Century Ford, we have a boatload of models that apply for the Section 179 discount. The horsepower under the hood of the F-Series can take your business to the next level, while the cargo space in the Transit can really take your business where it needs to be. Our expert sales staff is quick to have you in the commercial vehicle you and your business need. If you are looking to use your commercial vehicle for hauling, check out our selection of cutaway trucks including the E-350 and the E-450.


Century Ford of Mt Airy Inc

302 Century Drive
Directions Mt Airy, MD 21771

  • Sales: (301) 829-2800
  • Service: (301) 829-0234
  • Parts: (301 829-1260

Make an Inquiry

*Please see tax expert for details